Digital Marketing Professional with experience in creating all forms of traditional media seeking to contribute to an organization’s social media strategy, plans and activities.
- Digital Content Manager for state agency, writing and editing websites via Drupal, Umbraco and WordPress
- Online Content Manager for over 150 accounts, conversing with small business clients to create strategy and overseeing team production of SEO/SEM-rich blogs posts
- Video coordinator for University of South Carolina, filming, editing with a non-linear system and producing highlight packages
- Podcast producer, editor and voice talent. Blog writer for Chrisicos Interiors, metsmerizedonline.com, NJ.com
- Award-winning sports writer, serving as reporter, editor, photographer, page designer and managing journalists and freelancers for community newspapers
Digital Content Manager
Georgia Student Finance Commission, Tucker, GA
June 2015 to Present
Develops and manages the content management strategy, SEO, analytics, SEM, digital advertising (retargeting, banners), social media marketing, email marketing, mobile technology, etc., for multiple websites. Directs, plans and manages the daily operations of activities relating to website content, including developing appealing topics, writing and editing original copy.
- Develops and executes a content management strategy for the Agency’s websites: www.gafutures.org,www.gsfc.org, reachga.com and pathways2gsfc.com.
- Organizes and defines site architecture, site navigation, content layout and placement, and perform usability testing to ensure optimal user experience for new sites.
- Researches, writes and produces content using various CMS systems (Drupal, Umbraco, WordPress) for the Agency’s websites that is age/intellectually appropriate for students, parents, educators and counselors.
- Researches internal clients’ products/services/image/competition to write accurate, on-target copy/concepts for the website.
Lead Digital Content Manager
DigitalSherpa, Norcross, GA
Aug. 2010 to March 2015
- Managing two online content managers and over 130 social media accounts for a variety of small businesses
- Managing weekly and monthly projects while ensuring my team meets all assigned goals, produces high volumes and maintain adequate contact while working via home offices
- Using WordPress CMS to store, distribute and archive content and Google Analytics to track, analyze, and review blog metrics
- Develop and fine-tune social content strategies, spurring organic fan growth and viral activity, ultimately discovering consumer copy and creative sweet spots among the customer set
- Training new staff on proper writing styles, utilizing social media, and proper research techniques for quality posts
- Writing high quality , professional content with strong SEO/SEM value, follow SEO strategies and guidelines
- Copyediting subordinates work and providing guidance
- Researching, writing, editing and publishing blog content for social media clients such as Facebook and Twitter
- Researching internet trends, site analysis, and data analysis for all accounts
Marietta Daily Journal, Marietta, GA
Sept. 2008 to Present
- Managed nightly, weekly and monthly deadlines while creating and editing content for local and regional media groups
- Covering high school football for Marietta Daily Journal and Gwinnett Daily Post
- Created gripping features for Inside Gwinnett Magazine, FUEL Football Coaches Magazine
Madison Herald, Madison, MS
Sept. 2004 to Aug. 2008
- Responsible for reporting on local sports news, games, editing freelancers , developing features and columns on sporting events and creating blog content in Madison County, MS, including 11 high schools and annual events like Major League Soccer at Freedom Ridge Park for tri-weekly paper with circulation of 14.000.
Delta Democrat, Greenville, MS
Sept. 2003 to Aug. 2004
- Oversaw daily operation of department. Directed page design, layout, shot photos, assigned reporter and freelancers and assisted in coverage of Delta-area schools and three colleges for daily paper with circulation of 10,000
B.S. in Journalism – Graduated May 2000
Boston University – Boston, MA
· 2005 Mississippi Press Association Best Sports Column, Weekly — First Place
· 2005 Mississippi Press Association Best Game Story, Weekly — Second Place
· 2004 Mississippi Press Association Best Sports Feature, Weekly — Second Place
· 2007 Mississippi Press Association Best Sports Column, Weekly — Third Place
· 2007 Mississippi Press Association Best Sports Feature, Weekly — Third Place
· 2007 Mississippi Press Association Best Game Story, Weekly — Third Place
· 2004 Mississippi Press Association Best Game Story, Weekly — Third Place
· 2004 Mississippi Press Association Best Sports Column, Weekly — Third Place
· 2004 Mississippi Press Association Best Sports News Story, Daily — Honorable Mention
· 2003 Mississippi Press Association Best Sports Column, Daily — Honorable Mention